Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Technique Blog Hop - Cricut Overlay

It's a new year and one of my things I want to do this year is to be a more faithful blogger! So, to keep it going, I'm trying to participate in the Technique Blog Hop. This month we are to create something with a Cricut overlay from the Artbooking cartridge. If you've come from Haley's Blog you've seen her take on the overlay. Here's what I finally settled on creating.

I first cut out the overlay on the Cricut at 11 inches. Then I cut more snowflakes in various sizes. The photo frame and the title were cut from Twilight cardstock at 11 inches.

I love how the Sparkle Flourishes make it glisten!

A close-up of the photo with my nephews and their families on a ski trip!

Here's a close-up of the overlay.



Here are some of the supplies I used:

X7175B Frosted Paper Packet

X5666 Twilight Cardstock

 1388 Colonial White Cardstock

Z1812 Sparkles Clear Flourishes-Small
 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue on to Michelle's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!


No comments: